PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ1000 REVIEW CONCLUSION
I’m not sure what could be said for the end that I have not covered in the previous pages and two videos. This is probably the most elaborate review I’ve published and still probably omitted something; that’s how capable and equipped Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 is.
It is easier to say what is not perfect: it still falls back in low light compared to APS-C sensors but not by much; DSLR and mirrorless cameras have 1 – 2 EV better performance. Battery life is low compared to DSLR and that’s it. Everything else works like charm.
Auto focus simply flies, lens quality is superb, video is superb, image quality in good and moderately low light is superb, camera is full packed with advanced options and is relatively light for this combination of sensor size, zoom range and aperture.
Go and buy it, FZ1000 gets my full recommendations.
PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ1000 PROS:
- Image quality (RAW especially)
- Lens range and aperture range
- Lens sharpness and overall quality
- Relatively large image sensor
- Extensive customization options
- 4K video
- HD video quality
- Auto focus speed
- Fast overall operations
- Articulated LCD
- Electronic viewfinder quality
- Silent electronic shutter
- In-camera RAW conversion
PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ1000 CONS:
- Battery life (compared to DSLR)
- High ISO not at APS-C quality level
- Very complicated for non-experienced users (but you can leave it in AUTO)
- Light metering a bit dark
- Zoom control is motorised, not mechanical
PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ1000 EXAMPLES
Full res samples, all from RAW, setting up to personal taste:
If you found this review helpful, please support my work buying anything from Amazon by following links from my blog, as I will receive a small percentage from every item sold although you don’t pay any more than you would otherwise: